Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ahh!

Still no job, didn't even get a call back.  It appears that most of the jobs that hire younger people or recent graduates are being filled by older people assuming that they need the jobs more then the younger kids.  Don't get me wrong because I don't need the job that bad, but I know there are other younger people who really need it but are not being looked at because the older people are being looked at because they have more "experience."  Yes experience does go so far, but so do fresh faces, new ideas, new point of views, and younger mindsets.  Especially in these times when we are trying to change and reshape the way the country works.  Why do we continue looking to the older people who are part of the forming generations of how we got this way.  I'm in no way putting done the older generations, I respect them and have learned a lot from them, but would it hurt to let some younger new mindsets into this career world to help boost and stimulate the job market. 


Enough ranting, My poetry book is almost done and ready to print I'll post a link to be able to look at it and/or purchase it once I get it.  I'm not exact on the price but its going to be between 5 and 7 dollars.  I also have started putting together a story not sure how long its going to be (short story or longer) all in prose form.  So we'll see how that turns out.

Not looking forward to next weeks menu.  I love Thanksgiving because of the family interaction, the feeling, the smells, the games, football, and all that good stuff.  But despite liking the smells I hate the food.  This year I have to eat that food x3 this year.  Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday; Turkey, Turkey, Turkey and all that other crap except for the mashed potatoes that are good.  So most likely on Thursday since it's at my house I'll be making something different for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment