Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

This and that

Well I planned on blogging after Halloween but I got a little side tracked and never got on.  Tomorrow will be the first Friday in a month that I wont be sitting through over three hours of makeup to get ready for the haunted house.   I don't know if I'll know what to do with myself during those three hours.  Anyways it was a really good season at the Haunted House this year.  We beat last years total by approximately $5,000 which is really good considering we've been dropping in totals since the 2005 season which was the biggest earning year ever.  All together we have about $40,000 dollars this year and we will end up giving the majority of it away to people who have given us grants.  This being the 25th year they announced how much the house has given away at half time of the local schools football game.  As of last year we have given just over half a million dollars back to the community for things like; the school, boy scouts, library, museum, needy families, sports programs, drama club, band, the city, and numerous other projects.  But overall this year was really good, got lots of scares, lots of complements, put up with a few assholes, and entertained a whole bunch of people.   It's almost time to start getting ready for tear down and construction for next year.  Let's hope that next year goes as smooth and is as productive as this year if not more.

I'm still trekking through the forest of businesses stalking and hunting that elusive and rare job opportunity.  I've applied at a few places and still haven't heard anything back yet.  So the goal is to go out tomorrow and pick up a bunch more applications and go from there.  At this point I feel like my college education has got me nowhere, but I know in the long run it'll make me proud. Wish me luck on the hunt, and good luck to all you others out there who are tracking that evasive job.

If I make it through the day without drinking a pop it will be eight days without one.  Eight days without a pop is huge for me considering how addicted I was to pop (4-5 or more a day.) Even more shocking, at least to myself is I've done this cold turkey.  Just decided I was going to cut it out of my diet one day after watching Dr. Oz and did it.  I'm now drinking more water and taking in less other sugary drinks.  I was going to way myself to see how much of a difference the no pop thing was going to make on my body but I keep forgetting to.  Now that I'm passed that first week my cravings for pop are almost cut in half, and my caffeine headaches are starting to fade. I'll keep you guys posted periodically on how I'm doing.

P.S. my poetry book is getting close to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment